by Nina Sabin - Healthy Tip
Did you know you can control what you set your mind on? Everything we do in life revolves around our mindset, our thoughts. We have a choice to set on mind on healthy or unhealthy things. Things that build us up or things that tear us down. Things that help us or things that hurt us. Things that bring us value in life or things that bring us no value in life.
Recently while I was strolling through Facebook, I came across an interesting ad called Mission- Mindset by Tim Tebow.
Through this eight-week free program Tim offers you the understanding of what it means to have a Mission Mindset.
Too often we tend to have our mind set on things that don’t benefit us but isn’t it time for you to make the change and set your mind on things that can benefit you and those around you.
I love acronyms and Tim does a great acronym for Mindset.
1. M - Maker – We were all created in the image of our Maker – God. Our creator has a plan and purpose for each of us. No two lives are the same. That is our mission to do our Maker’s plan. 1 Cor. 10:31 – “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
2. I - Interruptible – If you are like me, we are planners. Many of us don’t like when plans change. However, God has a tendency to interrupt our plans. This is because He has a better plan and one that leads others to Him. Proverbs 16:9 “A man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps”.
3. N - Now – Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today. This quote from Benjamin Franklin encourages us to seize the day, life and opportunities. This also sums up what God expects of us, because we don’t know for sure if tomorrow is going to come, so make the most of the day you are living. James 4:14 – “You do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. For you are just a vapor that appears for a little while, and then vanishes away.”
4. D - Different – In order to make a difference, you have to be different. Those who conform to the world, are not making the difference in life. It is those who are willing to stand up for what they believe that make the difference. Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
5. S - Suffer – No one likes to see this word, let alone experience suffering. However, suffering is how we grow into a stronger person and warrior for Christ. The English word ‘passion’ comes from the Latin root word ‘pati’ which means to suffer. When you are passionate about something, means you are willing to endure suffering for it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
6. E- Excellence – No matter what we do in life we should plan to always do our best. Even when we don’t agree or like what we are doing or encountering - constantly set out to do the best job we can. Excellence means deciding to go above and beyond the status quo. Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
7. To The End – Stay on the mission until you are no longer here on earth. Don’t let the world tear you down, distract you to want to give up when things get hard. Persevere and stay strong till the end. 2 Timothy 4:7 - “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
We all want a life that counts. In order to do that we need to have a Mission Mindset to stay on tract for God’s plan and to not allow the world to distract that from that path.
One helpful activity I recommend to my clients to help them with the Mission Mindset is to have a “Let it Go” Journal. Anything that takes your mind away from God’s purpose and plan for your life, should be written in the “Let it Go” journal so you can take it out of your mind and give it to away to God. Don’t get lost in the wrong mindset.
Are you ready to have a Mission Mindset? Let go of the things holding you back from God’s plan? My healthy life coach ministry provides the right tools, support, and encouragement you need to have that Mission Mindset and become that healthy you God created.
Contact me today for a Complimentary Breakthrough Session. It will be the best decision you ever made for your mind and your life.